Pages

Friday 27 June 2014

THE MAKEUP POST | TESTING THE EYEKO SKINNY LIQUID EYELINER

This product has been raved about by bloggers and one of my style inspirations Alexa Chung. I was lucky enough to get the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner free with July's Issue of Glamour.


The eyeliner claims to be smudge-proof and fade-proof, long lasting and intense single stroke colour.

Now I'm a eyeliner fiend literally only two eyeliners Collection 2000 Fast Stroke waterproof eyeliner & Max Factor Colour X-Pert waterproof eyeliner (both in black) actually manage to last a whole day without rubbing off. So I was hopeful in that the Eyeko one would be very good because of all the positive reviews and hype.

Well to be honest it's not as amazing as I thought it would be. Yes it is easy to apply but I have kind of mastered the technique of applying it after wearing eyeliner for years now. The product is very dry and I don't know if that was just my one but some people on instagram mentioned that it was dry for them too. Now that would be fine if it was highly pigmented and didn't budge. It took several coats to get a real black colour compared to the ones I usually use which require only one coat. It also rubbed off quite quickly and I found myself having to remove the eyeliner that had transferred to the top of my eyelids. I also had to put on the Max Factor one over it to make sure it didn't rub off; all in all not very good.

At the retail price of £12 I find the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner a little pricey for something that doesn't quite work for me so am glad I got it with the magazine. It's such a shame because I know loads of people love the product.


What do you think of the eyeliner?

LOVE VANESSA xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...